TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - so what you're saying is the amount of time
People Seeking Info

Subject so what you're saying is the amount of time

Posted by Zvil (FL) on May 09, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 173 times.

In Reply To G force meter? posted by -Grimm- on May 09, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Message it takes for the vehicle to change speed? because I'm referring to the ability of the throttle pedal to satisfy the desire for more acceleration basically like a torque selection device..... I think a g-force meter would only be able to measure what I'm after if you could gradually press the throttle at the exact same rates before and after you install the fuel cooler. I don't think it will show up on G-force if you simply floor it and watch for how long it takes to reach a certain G, unless installing the fuel cooler adds more total power (which I'm sure it will on a hot day but only very little). After thinking about it some more I came to a conclusion, my theory is: because the fuel is cooler after a complete fill of the gas on a hot day, the fuel acts much like water/meth injection, it cools the intake charge which allows a denser mix to fit through the valves/ports and fill the combustion chamber in a shorter amount of time, if the fuel is hot then the air is expanded, and only a fixed volume of air can fit through the valves at a certain rpm. I'm also thinking about re-welding the throttle cable spool so it's not a centric circle but instead a decreasing radius as you push on the throttle, giving you more response the further you push the pedal instead of feeling dead after 60% throttle. Keep us posted with your findings though, I could very well be wrong :)

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.